Friday, July 11, 2008

My Phone - iPhone

Before writing this blog, I thought of starting 'Nature Series' from this week (more on that later).  But, I had to change my mind to accommodate a write-up on something which I admire most and lucky enough to be a part of its journey. It changed my perception of mobiles and I could not resist myself from writing something on this. It's Apple's all new iPhone.

I don't want to go into all those reveiews or features or what iPhone offers etc. You can refer to any website or any apple store to know more about this remarkable product. I want to share my experience and my thoughts on this masterpiece.

First of all, I am not a big fan of mobiles and I never cared about any hi-fi fundoo mobiles in the market. All I thought was I need a mobile to stay in touch with my friends and family. If my mobile can make calls and receive calls, it's good enough for me. I never bothered about any other features and never used any extra features in my mobile. I did not see a need for them to be on my mobile. Blackberry, Windows mobile, Nokia N series - nothing could grab my attention and I always saw them as a waste of money. I used to have Nokia 3500 in India and When I came to USA, I bought the cheapest mobile available at that time - Motorola V3 RAZR which I got for free from my service provider - T Mobile.

When Apple first announced its iPhone in 2007, it became a sensation. Everyone talked about it. Long queues were formed in front of the apple showrooms weeks before it reached the stores. It was an instant hit and became the most sought after mobile of the decade. I wondered what the fuss is all about. The hype, the publicity and the amazing reviews caught my attention. One day I went to the apple store to see what this iPhone is all about. And once I laid my hands on the 'Phone of God', there is no turning back.

It's been a year since my association with iPhone began. This master piece still amazes me. It's amazing features and applications that come along with it makes it lot more superior than all the electronic gadgets of its kind. They say that the technology can change your life. It's true. iPhone has been a true eye opener. It's not just about making and receiving calls. It's about connecting yourself to the world. And now I wonder how the hell I lived all these years without this thing in my hand.


Usage of personal mails is blocked at work. I don't care. I have an iPhone.
I never get lost while travelling. I have an iPhone.
I don't need to buy an mp3 player. I have an iPhone.
I can download a movie and watch it while traveling. I have an iPhone.
The whole world is open before me. I have Safari. I have an iPhone.

In my entire life, no other device has exceeded my expectations and made me feel that it's worth every penny except for my beautiful iPhone. Once me and my friend were driving down to Miami from Orlando. We found that the weather was not good and had to make sudden change of plans. We decided to go to Atlanta. Thanks to my iPhone, I pulled up the route to Atlanta and booked a hotel then and there while I am on road. You may argue that all these things can be done in other phones too. It's not what you do but it's how you do makes all the difference. And that's where iPhone raises the bar.

They say Imitation is the best form of Flattery. Many others tried to follow the lines of iPhone by introducing touch-screen capabilities and other applications. But, they are only the disciples and no one is able to match the true class of the jedi of mobiles. It never disappointed me and always exceeded my expectations whenever I needed it. It's a phenomenal invention and truly the baap of all mobiles.

Today, after one year of its success, iPhone moves to new horizons with its latest version iPhone 3G. It has raised the bar even higher and I see no phone matching its sheer brilliance in the near future.


-Venks

1 Comments:

At July 13, 2008 at 9:42 AM , Blogger Dinesh said...

Good one!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home